This seasoning is the BOMB! I originally created it as part of our one of Kids Health Quest Cook-Alongs with the specific intention of helping them to Design Their Own Lunchbox Cracker. They had about 4 different seasoning mixes to choose from. Anyways, this BBQ seasoning was by far the most popular with the kids.
As a family we use this seasoning in so many ways. For crackers, on pizzas, sprinkled over chicken or cauliflower when roasting, in bread crumbs when making chicken nuggets etc. That’s why I now call it All Purpose BBQ Seasoning.
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest (about ½ normal sized lemon)
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Good Quality Salt (We use Changing Habits Seaweed Salt)
- 2 tsp Mixed Italian Herbs
- Good Grind of Pepper
- Using your zester, zest half a lemon.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and then combine well using a fork.
- You may need to break down any clumps that form with the back of the fork.
- Place the seasoning in an air tight sealed jar and store in the pantry for about 2-3 weeks.