Let the family think this is a Banana Blueberry Bread. You will know differently of course 🙂
This recipe has been adapted from a Zucchini banana bread recipe I found at ClosetCooking.com As you know, I am always looking for 3 ways to use a recipe. So the Closet Cooking version which I am sure is delicious is first version.
At the moment, I’m having trouble getting our little guy to eat carrot. He’s just gone off it. I decided to add some carrot and pepitas for extra protein and crunch. So version 2, I’ve named Fruit & Veg Bread. It’s been a HUGE hit in the lunch boxes. Now to create a version 3. I’ll keep you posted!
- 1 & 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Good pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mash them
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Rapadura sugar (or Raw sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Natural yogurt
- 1/4 cup zucchini, grated (squeeze out liquid)
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated (squeeze out liquid)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup Pepitas
- Pre-heat Oven to 190 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients upto & incl. the salt in a big bowl.
- Mix bananas, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, yogurt, zucchini and carrot in another big bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Gentle but thoroughly stir through the blueberries & pepitas.
- Pour the mixture into a lined bread loaf tin. Give few taps on the bench to settle mixture (I didn’t do this, so bananas slices are off centre). Add a few banana slices to the top.
- Place a tray of water on the shelf below the Fruit & Veg Bread
- Bake for 60-80 minutes or until golden. Test with a toothpick until it comes out clean.
Want to print this recipe?
Click here to download the TRC Fruit & Veg Bread Recipe sheet