Do you want to know how to make homemade magnums?
I decided to try my hand at these one day when Indrani had made Berry Smoothie Bowls for breakfast and there was leftovers.
I put the leftovers into these mini ice cream moulds I got from The Wholefood Collective. Once they were frozen, I made some homemade chocolate and dipped the ice creams into it. And my homemade magnums were born.
I recorded a video of me making the chocolate for the members of our Kids Health Quest Members, so have included it in here for you too.
Ice Cream Ideas
- leftover smoothie bowls
- banana nice cream (frozen bananas)
- easy vanilla ice cream (note - it uses condensed milk so it's quite sweet)
- use this homemade vanilla ice cream cake recipe
Why not stir through some nuts too.
- 100g coconut oil
- 50g cacao powder*
- 3 tblspns rice malt syrup*
- 1/4 tspn vanilla powder
- pinch of salt (this enhances the chocolate flavour)
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat – you do not want this to be really hot
- Take the oil off the heat
- Add the other ingredients and stir in until smooth
- Place back over low heat, and continually stir for about 8 minutes
- Pour into a sterilised jar, then store in your pantry until ready
This article contains an affiliate link to The Wholefood Collective. When you purchase using this link, you get the same great price but they pay us a small fee for referring you to them. This fee helps us continue to offer loads of free content and to undertake our advocacy work. We only refer people and businesses we know and love. We purchase our pantry supplies from The Wholefood Collective and encourage you to check them out too.