I have made my Lazy Bones Banana Bread so many times that I should know it off by heart. Well I do, but last night when I made it, I wasn’t concentrating and I put in too much yoghurt. The result was a goopy, too wet mixture. Rather than waste all those good ingredients, I thought about how I could salvage this goopy mess. I played around with the dry ingredient quantities and created what turned out to be a master piece. A delicious banana bread which had risen more than my normal one. So here it is, my Lazy Bones Banana Bread – New and Improved Recipe. It’s still as simple as the original one – it takes about 5 minutes to mix up, then 40-50 to bake. Delicious warm, cold, toasted and freezes like a dream. Perfect for breakfast, afternoon tea, or as a lunchbox snack. Quite literally this banana bread is the bomb!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 tspn vanilla powder
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 cups self raising flour (I used Orgran Gluten Free)
- 1/2 cup LSA
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 tblspn rice malt syrup
- pepitas and coconut flakes (optional but good to sprinkle over the top)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Grab a big bowl and mash the bananas roughly in the bowl
- Add vanilla powder and yoghurt – mix well. I use a fork to mix this
- Add in the flour, LSA, baking powder and rice malt syrup and mix with the fork again. Mix just enough for the ingredients to be combined
- Pour into a prepared loaf / bread tin (I sprayed mine lightly with coconut oil)
- Sprinkly top with pepitas and coconut flakes
- Cook in oven for 40-50 minutes until brown on top and a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan
Storing and freezing
Slice and freeze in bags for individual serving. Defrost and toast, and serve with fruit, nuts and yoghurt for breakfast.
This recipe could be made lunchbox safe by replacing the LSA with another flour such as rice flour or all self raising flour.
Just a reminder, you don’t need to be a master chef, or have a big spotless kitchen to make awesome nutritious meals or snacks for your family.