This is my go to muesli recipe. I don’t have lots of time to keep creating new recipes so I tend to create one, then find ways to use it multiple ways. So here’s how I use this muesli recipe:
- breakfast – simply add some milk or yoghurt, throw it on top of fruit, or have fruit, yoghurt and muesli.
- Throw it on top of natural yoghurt in the lunchbox
- Add to the lunchbox for a little crunchy snack food
- Process some dates, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, then stir through some muesli. Squash and form into balls. Great for the lunchbox or even afternoon tea.
It’s oh so versatile, and it was also one of the favourite recipes from Term 1 of The 5 Minute Healthy Lunchbox System™ eCourse.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup coconut shredded
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- 100g butter (organic)
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix dry ingredients
- Melt butter and rice malt syrup
- Stir butter mixture through dry ingredients until all wet
- Spread the mixture out in a single layer on the baking tray
- Cook for 8 minutes, then stir turning the mixture over
- Cook for another 8 minutes. Adjust the timing base on the level of goldeness your family prefers.
- Cool on tray
- Crumble / break up mixture with your hands – then store per instructions.
Store in a glass jar for up to 2 weeks.