Looking for a yummy healthy sweet breakfast, morning tea, afternoon tea or even a dessert? Then this Banana Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe fits the bill.
Chia – these tiny little seeds pack such a punch. They are high in fibre which is awesome for our digestive system, are a great source of protein to help keep tummies full, and have a good supply of Omega 3’s for brain function. This will make 4 medium serves or 2 large serves.
Make this pudding a minimum of 2 hours before you need it. I tend to make mine the night before I want to use it.
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 & 1/2 cups milk of your choice
- 1 heaped teaspoon Cacao powder
- 2 tblspns rice malt syrup (or honey if you prefer it a little sweeter).
- 1/2 ripe banana
- Place the chia seeds, milk, cacao and rice malt syrup in a glass jar and give it a really good stir.
- Slice the banana into rounds, then cut each round into quarters. Stir the banana chunks through the chia mixture.
- Place the pudding in the fridge
- Give it another stir about an hour later if you have time or if you remember (don’t stress if you don’t)
- It will be ready in about 2 hours. Separate out into the serving sizes you want and add toppings.
- add a good scoop of granola or muesli, coconut flakes and sliced banana
- add some fresh berries, coconut flakes and a dollop of yoghurt
- add some chopped mixed nuts and diced mango
Freezing / Storing Instructions
Not suitable for freezing but it will last in the fridge for about 4 days.
- Mash the banana in step 2, and stir it through. You can then put this in a reusable pouch like Little Mashies.
Want to Print This Recipe?
Grab your PDF copy of the Banana Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe.