These banana pikelets are not only quick and easy to make but they’re refined sugar-free and dairy-free too.
Please note that because there is no flour in these pikelets, some children may not like them initially because the texture is different. I suggest making a couple for yourself first and if you think your family would prefer a traditional pikelet then add 1-2 tablespoons of self raising flour. If you would like a printable version of this recipe, click here.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 1 cup Sweet potato or pumpkin puree (optional but yummy)
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Leave to sit in the bowl for 5 minutes and the chia in the mix will help the mixture swell up into a batter.
- Warm a frying pan over medium heat. Add a little bit of coconut oil to grease the pan.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out some batter and put in the pan. Cook like normal pikelets. They will start to bubble up a bit, then it’s time to gently push the slide underneath to flip them over. You may need to jiggle the slide a bit.
Note: These need to be eaten within 24 hours.