I am going to be straight with you. This is my unhealthy naughty rocky road recipe. My family ask for it every Christmas. It is the one time of year where I turn a blind eye to what’s in my food? I’ve tried to make it more healthy but it’s never the same. Then I get over myself and realise, Bel, this is once a year – it is ok.
I share this recipe with you because I want to be totally transparent about my approach to food. I love food. I love whole, real food the most. This is the way of life for how my family eats. But I also want you to know that I do let my guard down and allow this kind of food. I make a conscious choice but I don’t let it become a habit. It’s a food everyone enjoys but they know it happens once, maybe twice a year. Usually Christmas.
- 400g milk chocolate, chopped (I buy the 300g cadbury milk choc blocks)
- 300g pink & white marshmallows, chopped (use kitchen scissors & cut each one into 3 or 4 pieces – keep wetting the scissors to make them less sticky)
- 400g good quality turkish delight, chopped (same technique as the marshmallows)
- 1 cup rice bubbles
- 1 cup natural macadamias, chop coarsely
- Line a lightly greased 20 x 30cm lamington tin with 2 strips of baking paper. Cross them over so they extend over the sides of tha pan (makes it easier to remove it from the pan to cut it)
- Melt chocolate (seriously I do this in a saucepan over low heat. Have never had a problem doing this Cadbury Milk Chocolate). Cool slightly.
- Combine marshmallows, turkish delight, rice bubbles and macadamias in a big bowl
- Work quickly, stir in the chocolate until it’s all moist and coated in chocolate
- Spread into the prepared tin and refrigerate
- Cut into squares.
Can be made up to 2 weeks ahead and stored in fridge in an air tight container.
Another 2 Ways
- Turn the rocky road into a centre piece feature for your table by building it up into a Christmas Tree Shape
- Put the rocky road pieces in glass jars, attach a ribbon and turn it into gifts
Warning – this is so good, you’ll be expected to make it every year;-)