I wanted to share my best ever vegetarian sausage roll recipe. It's well loved by all in my family and is always a hit with those who try it. I've also included 2 other ways to use this recipe. #3recipesin1
Best Ever Vegetarian Sausage Roll RecipeHere’s my best ever vegetarian sausage roll - loved by even my meat loving our 13yo son, Rilien.
I'm not a great cook, but I like to call myself a smart cook. When I create a recipe, I usually like to find another two ways to use it. I share another 2 ways below too.
- 750g of mixed vegetables - I had a good mix of potato, sweet potato, cauli, broc, zucchini and pumpkin.
- 2 tbs BBQ seasoning - see note below for this recipe.
- 30g tamari
- 1 can black beans
- 2tbs passatta or tomato paste
- 60g grated zucchini
- 60g grated carrot
- 1 small diced brown onion
- 2 tsp seeded mustard
- 4 tsp chia seed
- 1/2 Gluten Free Panko Crumbs
- 3 pieces of puff pastry
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Good Quality Salt (We use Changing Habits Seaweed Salt)
- 2 tsp Mixed Italian Herbs
- Good Grind of Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Peel and dice your pumpkin, drizzle with 1-2 tbs olive oil.
- Sprinkle the BBQ seasoning over the top. Stir around to coat in the seasoning.
- Roast the veg for 30-40 mins until soft but not squishy.
- Whilst roasting, rinse and drain the beans. Put into a large bowl.
- When 30 mins is up, remove roast veg from oven. Allow to cool for 10 min or more.
- Add roast veg to the bowl with the blackbeans
- Use your potato masher to mash altogether.This needs to be mushy but you can still have some chunky black beans too if you wish.
- Defrost the puff pastry.
- Add all the other ingredients (except olive oil)
- Mix all the ingredients with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Cut the puff pastry in half.
- Add some of the filling mix down the centre of each half of puff pastry.
- Fold the edges over. Now cut the rolls into the size you want. Place on a baking try lined with baking paper.
- Spritz with some olive oil, add some sesame seeds if you want them to look fancy.
- Bake in 180 degree oven for 25-35 mins depending on your oven.
Another 2 ways
1. Use the filling to make hamburger patties. Spray with olive oil, sprinkle on sesame seeds to be fancy, then bake in 180 degree oven for 20-30 mins.