You’ll never go back to packet Taco Seasoning Mix after this. This recipe is great for adding flavour to mince without the additives and preservatives which are usually found in the supermarket packets of taco seasoning. I make up this mix, put it in a spice jar and have it on hand in my spice cupboard. It will last for 6 months. You can add it to any dish you want to give a bit of a mexican twist too, not just tacos.
- 1/4 cup cumin
- 1 tblspn onion powder
- 1 tblspn garlic powder
- 1 tspn oregano leaves
- 1 tspn paprika
- good lashing of salt & pepper
- chilli powder to taste – note this is important as it gives it a little kick. Start with 1-2 tspns and increase gradually (I can add about 1 tblspn before it becomes too spicy for my kids)
- Place all ingredients in a glass jar and shake like mad – this is great for the kids to do.
- Add 1-2 tblspns to your mince and 1/4 cup of water – cook over medium heat and reduce down.
Freezing / Storing Instructions
Store in air tight jar in the pantry.
Another 2 ways to use this recipe
- Add to mince to make it a mexican flavour and use in tacos
- Add to flours to season. You can use this for crumbing chicken or fish.
Want to print this recipe?
- Here’s your PDF recipe – Taco Seasoning Mix