This White Bean Hommus Dip and Spread recipe was created with The Real Food Lunchbox Project in mind. It uses cannelinni beans which are a great source of protein for keeping tummies full, they contain loads of fibre so help with longer lasting energy and they contain vitamin B1 which supports brain function. All great reasons to add this dip to your dinner plate or lunchbox.
Michelle, is a Teacher and Wellness Co-ordinator at Cambewarra Public School and she is responsible for the preparation and delivery of the real food to the students and teachers during the project in Term 4. Michelle is looking for different dips the project can provide the students to have with their vegetable crudites. Chickpea hommus is fabulous – it’s not only tasty with vegetables but it’s rich in protein too. I wanted to provide Michelle with another dip that was simple to make but with a milder flavour to chickpea hommus.
- 400g can cannellini beans
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tblspns hulled tahini
- 2 tblspns lemon juice
- 2 tblspns olive oil
- 2 tblspns water
- good pinch of sea salt
- dash of pepper
- extra olive oil to drizzle over top
- sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans
- Place beans, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt and pepper, into your blender or food processor
- Pulse or blitz until smooth, place into air tight container or serving dish
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the top
- Sprinkle with small amount of smoked paprika
If you wanted to add some extra flavour to this dip, you could add some cumin powder.
Other Dip Ideas
What other dip ideas do you think Michelle should make available to the kids at Cambewarra as part of The Real Food Lunchbox Project?