Forget those flavoured crackers you get from the Supermarket that are marketed as lunchbox friendly or perfect for lunchboxes. They are not friendly nor perfect for school at all.
Most flavoured crackers or chips include flavours created in a chemistry lab designed to excite our kids tongues and brain waves. These flavours tend to have additive numbers in the range of 621 to 635. Some fo these flavours have been potentially linked to behavioural problems, hyperactivity, asthma and skin ailments like eczema.
These Cheats BBQ Crackers are so simple your kids can make them, with just a little help from you, depending on their age.
- As many sheets of Rye Mountain Bread as you desire (we usually use 1 per child).
- A good sprinkling of the All Purpose BBQ Seasoning Pre-Mix (see recipe here).
- Olive Oil Spray or Olive Oil applied with a pastry brush.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees (fan forced).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or your Thermomix Mat.
- Cut the Mountain Bread into the shapes of crackers you want.
- Place your Mountain Bread Shapes onto your baking paper / mat.
- Spray / brush lightly with Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle with BBQ Seasoning – a light sprinkling should be enough to have a good flavour but adjust as necessary.
- Spray lightly again with Olive Oil.
- Bake 3 minutes, then turn the tray around and bake for another 3. – watch this step carefully – you may not even need to turn the tray around, depending on the heat of your oven.
- Allow to cool completely, then store in an air tight container.
- Will store for up to 7 days (if they last that long).
Cook-Along with Rilien
Leave us a comment. Let us know you go with these crackers.